Defender of Kharkov Metalist 1925 Igor Kurilo – about the match with Kolos
According to the defender, a draw is a logical result of the match of the eighth round of the UPL Metalist 1925 – Kolos
— I think that today it was an equal game and the draw was logical. We are pleased with this result,” the footballer noted.
– The fight Metalist 1925 – Kolos, where there were a lot of combats and fouls, can be compared with the Scottish Championship game, for example?
– Can. Kolos is a team that doesn’t play itself and doesn’t let others play. They sat on the defensive, and we could not cope with them. The guests launched counterattacks and it was not easy for us. Therefore, I agree that there was a lot of Scottish football in the UPL match today.
— Igor, I saw many matches of your team this season, and I think this was the most difficult game for Metalist 1925. Do you agree with this?
– Probably yes. I think that in previous matches with Rukh and Zarya we gave a lot of emotions and today we didn’t have enough of them. However, we kept a clean sheet in this match and did not lose – this is a plus for us.
—Are your partners upset?
– I wouldn’t say. It was a draw game.
— Is this a five-match undefeated streak for Metalist 1925?
– This is a good indicator for us. We believed in ourselves and started winning. Our team now has good competition in the squad; there are two players for each position. Everyone wants to play in the main squad and prove their professional suitability at every training session.
— How would you rate your game and physical condition?
– Let the head coach talk about it. The task for defense is not to miss. We dealt with it.
— In a couple of days you will have a match in the 1/8 finals of the Ukrainian Cup. You are hosting Poltava Vorskla. What are your expectations from this meeting?
— Previously, I played in Agribusiness, and we beat them in the Ukrainian Cup, and in Poltava. We haven’t thought about the Cup yet, but from Monday we will focus on the cup match. We want to win the Ukrainian Cup. I’m sure there will be a fighting game on Wednesday.
I’m Scott Moore, a professional writer and journalist based in the US. I’ve been writing for various publications for over 8 years now, and have been working as an author at athletistic for the past five years. My work has been featured by some of the leading sports websites and magazines across Europe.