Jaime Pizarro defends himself and gives his explanations on Chile’s absurdities after their elimination from the 2030 World Cup

Jaime Pizarro defends himself and gives his explanations on Chile’s absurdities after their elimination from the 2030 World Cup

The Minister of Sports mentioned the exclusion of our country from the organization of the World Cup. “It’s a situation where we talk about sadness, disappointment, bitterness for what happened here,” he said.

National football has suffered a major blow. The announcement to withdraw Chile from the alliance between Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay, which aimed to organize the 2030 World Cup, left no one indifferent. Finally and despite the country’s exclusion, FIFA has indicated that South America will only play three commemorative duels, contrary to the first duels initially planned.

The impact was felt at all levels. The ANFP, the Government and the Ministry of Sports are not left out. In this direction, Jaime Pizarro, the portfolio secretary, came forward after what happened : “We received this information issued mainly by Conmebol and ratified by official FIFA documents in which a different format is established, within a time frame that was not the one initially envisaged. . Following negotiations by Conmebol and FIFA, they made the decision to organize commemorative matches in South America. Only three games and the rest, the remaining 101 games, between Spain, Portugal and Morocco,” he said in conversation with CHV.

“We only got this information then. It must be remembered that initially an alliance and a link between four countries was established; between Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Chile; with the aim of being able to achieve this bidding process, which could not come to fruition because a different decision was chosen, which is also binding for what will happen for the next World Cup, i.e. say 2034,” he added.

“In this regard, all the necessary actions had been developed. So much so that a 2030 company was created with domicile in Chile to be able to precisely manage, operate and develop everything that was necessary,” he added.

What comes

He also stopped to express his feelings after the embarrassment: “It’s a situation where we talk about sadness, disappointment, bitterness for what happened here. “.

Finally, he spoke about the meeting that will take place this Monday, where the destiny of the society created in Chile and of which Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay are also part will be defined: “This action has been coordinated. The definition and decision of the four countries was to work together to the point that the creation of the company was determined. Agreements were reached to carry out joint work. Calls had previously been made to host cities wishing to intervene in this future process, according to the established timetables. Common agreements of all participants were also established,” he said.

On the budgetary level, there were resources committed for the year 2023 and projected for 2024. However, given the situation that occurred, Obviously, everything remains in the status quo. At Chile’s request, a board meeting has been called for tomorrow. “, he stated.

Follow at El Deportivo

Source: Latercera

Related articles

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share article

Latest articles

Newsletter

Subscribe to stay updated.