This season, Maltsev has played 28 AHL regular season games for the Colorado Eagles, scoring 21 (11+10) points. In the NHL for the Avalanche, he has five games without scoring.
– In our league, Spartak has rights, but they have repeatedly written that they are invited to more status clubs. Avangard, Ak Bars, Magnitogorsk were mentioned.
– Everything is pretty much the same. In the KHL they call me for leading roles – it will be a new challenge. After all, before leaving, I played in SKA in the third or fourth links. Leaders have more responsibilities, more expectations – a completely different story. Somehow it is even interesting to show here what I have improved in four years abroad. Compare yourself to the best players in the KHL.
– Only the tasks will still depend on the club.
– Spartak has rights, I spoke with them, they were interested in my plans for the future. I honestly explained that I would watch how it would develop with the NHL clubs. Exchanges are not my problem. There are conversations, the agent talks about options, but until there’s clarity with America, it’s hard to comment one way or another.
– But are you ready to play in Russia?
– It’s my house. Home is more comfortable than abroad. I’ll be happy to come back if I think it’s better for my career, RB Sport quote Maltsev.
The rights of Maltsev, 25, in the KHL belong to “Spartacus” after defender Alexander Nikishin was traded to SKA.
Source : MatchTV
I’m Emma Smith, a dedicated journalist and avid storyteller. I have been writing for news websites for the past 5 years, reporting on hockey news and delivering in-depth analysis of the sport. In my current role as Author at Athletistic, I write about hockey events from around the world to keep followers up-to-date with what’s happening in the sport.