Sibir Head Coach Andrei Martyanov believes that the main reason for his team’s loss in the KHL Championship game against Spartak was weak majority play.
On Sunday, Sibir lost to Spartak in the away match of the KHL Fonbet Championship (0-1). Novosibirsk made 31 shots on the opposing goal.
– In a very difficult match, the majority again did not work out for us, – Martemyanov told reporters. – Already in the second game in a row we cannot convert 5v4. In attack we played weak and toothless, it was only in the third period that something went right. Game content is not satisfied.
– What exactly is wrong with the attack?
– Score a goal! If you don’t score goals, you can only play 0-0. But the opponent finished their moment, but we couldn’t do it. Here are questions for attackers, you have to be more persistent, sacrifice somewhere. And so far we haven’t been able to.
– Don’t you regret changing the link combination?
– No, just those guys played well today both in attack and defense.
Sibir has only scored two goals in two matches. At the same time, in the first match of the KHL Championship, Novosibirsk won a victory over Sochi – 2: 0.
Source : MatchTV
I am Sandra Jackson, a journalist and content creator with extensive experience in the news industry. I have been working in the news media for over five years. During this time, I have worked as an author and editor at various outlets producing high-quality content that attracts readers from different demographics.