Medalist at the short course world championships Ilya Borodin believes that his result in the 400m medley, which is the best of the season in the world, will be improved at the next World Championships in Melbourne, Australia.
Borodin swam the 400m medley at the Russian Championships in Kazan with the best result of the season in the world. At the December World Championships in Australia, the Russians will not perform: they are suspended by decision of the International Swimming Federation (FINA) from competitions under the auspices of this organization.
– I think this result will be beaten at the world championships. He is not the strongest to win the World Cup. Maybe for silver and bronze, but not for gold,” Borodin told . – Let’s see what happens. I wanted to swim faster – at best (3:56.47 minutes). Apparently, the second half of the distance let us down – we can compare with the best layout result.
– Tell us about the start of the 200m freestyle.
– Russian Championship, there is no selection, you can try something new. It went well.
– Any plans for the off-season?
– Relax. Lie down and look at the ceiling.
– How long will you have enough in this mode of rest?
For two weeks, maybe one.
Source : MatchTV