Atletico Madrid made this Sunday, the 15th, the announcement that everyone has been waiting for throughout the week about the future of Uruguayan star Luis Suárez
This Sunday, the 15th, the Madrid’s athletic spoke about the future of the Uruguayan Luis Suarez and did what was already expected by the football world throughout the week. Thus, the 35-year-old striker will not renew his contract with the Spanish club for the sequel next season.
In a statement posted on social media, the Madrid’s athletic said he will honor the Uruguayan and also the Mexican midfielder Hector Herrera, who is bidding farewell to the team. For this, Suárez was selected as a starter in the match against sevillewhich takes place this Sunday at the Metropolitano for the Spanish Championship.
Channel – Athletistic
Being one of the team’s highlights in the Spanish title campaign last season, the Uruguayan left the Colchoneros after two years. So far, Suárez has scored 34 goals, which have been scored in 81 games for Atletico de Madrid. This season, there were 21 goals in 38 matches played in 2020/21.
In the press conference held on the eve of the game against Sevilla for the national tournament, the coach Diego Simeone spoke about the situation of the Uruguayan player, who was essential for the conquest of LaLiga. The captain also reinforced his gratitude for what the player has done over the years at the Spanish club.
“I had a conversation with Luis in mid-November. Long, hard, sincere… Where the two parties talked about what each one saw in the future and in the present. And what we were going to need from him. From that conversation until today, each one in his place, absolutely everything we said was respected”, said Simeone before completing.
At the end of the party, el Wanda @Metropolitan will pay tribute to @LuisSuarez9 and @HHerreramex, who says goodbye to the athletic family today. After the end of the duel in the uprisings of your butacas because we will live a very special moment ☺🏧#GraciasSuárez #GraciasHerrera pic.twitter.com/RPp1aP59Du
— Atletico Madrid (@Atleti) May 15, 2022
“I’m grateful to Luis Suárez, for what it meant. He’s going to play. He was tremendous last season and he scored for everyone who behaves like him. This season, he’s still the top scorer.” concluded the commander, who knows that the athlete’s fate is still uncertain, as he has not negotiated with any club so far.
According to information from the European press, Suárez has offers from teams in Major League Soccer (MLS), the main league in the United States. In fact, the tournament will be the fate of Herrera, who is in agreement with the Houston Dynamo from the middle of the year. He leaves the Atlético de Madrid squad after three years, with one goal scored in 77 matches played.
I am Sandra Jackson, a journalist and content creator with extensive experience in the news industry. I have been working in the news media for over five years. During this time, I have worked as an author and editor at various outlets producing high-quality content that attracts readers from different demographics.