Second blue-yellow medal
Ukrainian biathlete Anton Dudchenko won silver in the individual race at the European Championships, which takes place in Lenzerheide, Switzerland.
The Ukrainian on the firing line made one miss and lost to the winner of the race Norwegian Endre Stremsheim for more than two minutes. Slovenian Lovro Planko finished third.
Two biathletes got into the top 20 of the Ukrainians: Artem Tishchenko became 12th, and Bogdan Tsymbal – 19th. Artem Prima finished in 36th position, Taras Lesyuk was 47th, and Denis Nasyko finished 64th.
Recall that Dudchenko’s medal is the second for Ukraine at the 2023 European Championship. Earlier, Yuliya Dzhima became the silver medalist in the individual race.
The event in Switzerland will continue with women’s and men’s sprints – the races will be held on January 27.
- Biathlon. European Championship 2023. Lenzerheid (Switzerland). Men. Individual race.
1. Endre Strömsheim (Norway, 0+0+0+0) 51:05, 9
2. Anton Dudchenko (Ukraine, 0+1+0+0) +2:04.7
3. Lovro Planko (Slovenia, 1+0+0+0) +2:16.5
12. Artem Tishchenko (Ukraine, 0+0+1+0) +3:58.7
19. Bogdan Tsymbal (Ukraine, 1+0+0+1) +4:45.9
36. Artem Prima (Ukraine, 1+0+1+2) +6:31.9
47. Taras Lesiuk (Ukraine, 0+2+1+1) +7:25.2
64. Denis Nasyko (Ukraine, 1+2+1+2) +8:56.8
I am Sandra Jackson, a journalist and content creator with extensive experience in the news industry. I have been working in the news media for over five years. During this time, I have worked as an author and editor at various outlets producing high-quality content that attracts readers from different demographics.
Most recently, I was an Author at Athletistic where my primary focus was providing coverage of Wintersports events across the world. My writing has been published on some of the website’s most popular features such as ‘Match Previews’ and ‘Player Profiles’. Additionally, I also wrote opinion pieces on topics related to Wintersports that showcased my knowledge of the sport.