Timofey Lapshin announced Thursday on social networks that he injured his hand following an accident. The incident happened in South Korea, where the Russian biathlete has been playing for the national team since 2017.
In an interview with , Timofey recalled the details of what happened, said he was going to prosecute the driver of the car and also suggested how severe the consequences could be under adverse circumstances.
– How problematic is it now to have such an injury, when work begins at summer training camp?
– I had written plans, but now of course they have to be changed. I won’t be able to do the job with my hands, but my legs are whole, my back, my abs are also in order. It was much more difficult for me in the Olympic year: then I had a break in the “crosses”. Anything is possible, just rethink the plan a bit. I will train myself.
– This damage can not affect the place in the national team?
– I think not. The injury is not at the start of the season, and the collection of the national team will not begin until June 14. This pity I received from the collection. Went to ride the classics. It turns out that the road of a section has been narrowed due to repair work on the side of the road. On the descent, a car passed me, where another car headed towards me. And these two cars could not pass normally on their own. A grandmother was driving a car, a man was at the wheel. I have no brakes, I started screaming and waving my arms to make them go faster. At the same time, I had to see if I could get around them on the side of the road.
The only choice is to drive between the cars, which I did. On the right side of the road was dug, and there was still a fence. Going to the right, I would have fallen into a hole or stuck on a fence, where I would have certainly broken my legs. On the left, too, there were metal railings. So I had to squeeze between the cars, where the distance was 20 centimeters, I slipped between them, I touched the mirrors of both. He covered his chest with his hand so as not to break his ribs. Well, the result is a fracture.
Overall, did you come down lightly?
– Yes yes. If it happened even lower, where the speed could be less than 60 km/h, it would immediately be around 25. In another situation, I would have broken down for sure. I realized later that I had to go a little further to the left of the car, in which the mirror closes in the direction of my movement. But such thoughts, as a rule, come later (Laughs). I believe I made the right decision, because there was no other way.
– Is it an accident? Did you call the police?
– There is such a law, according to which, after such an incident, they should either take me to the hospital or share my phone number so that in this case I can call them. They didn’t give me any contact nor did they take me to the hospital.
Apparently, after the fall, I was in a state of passion, so after they asked if everything was okay, I answered positively and continued. But after 300 meters I realized I couldn’t hold a stick. I thought that as he passed in front of me, the man would stop, and then I would already say that I needed help. They didn’t stop, but I memorized the car number and then met them at the restaurant. As I walked in, I said that, most likely, I broke my arm. To whom they only wished me good luck.
– Did you just escape responsibility?
– Turns out it is. Now I want to pursue them. If they offered help, no problem. But in that case, I would like not to leave this matter like that. Here the system is very good: every month I pay an insurance which will allow me to reimburse the funds of the operation. Let’s watch the restaurant’s security cameras, where everything is in full view, as I inform him of my problems. Also one of these days I will go to this place to take a picture.
Have these cars been damaged?
“I don’t think there’s anything there. I slipped between them, only bumping into the mirrors. In one car the mirror turned out, in the other it was closed. I would hurt if I hit one of the cars. But that would only make things worse for me.
– Is the inventory intact?
“Curiously, only the tip of a stick broke off. Another wing fell off the roller – that’s it. It would be better if something broke than me (Laughs).
Broadcasts of various biathlon competitions can be watched on the channels of the match outfit, as well as on the sites matchtv.ru and sportbox.ru.
Source : MatchTV
I am Sandra Jackson, a journalist and content creator with extensive experience in the news industry. I have been working in the news media for over five years. During this time, I have worked as an author and editor at various outlets producing high-quality content that attracts readers from different demographics. Most recently, I was an Author at Athletistic where my primary focus was providing coverage of Winter sports events across the world.