Earlier on Monday, Virolainen’s former personal trainer Leonid Myakishev told that the biathlete could start playing for the Finnish national team. Virolainen finished second in the 15km individual race at the Finnish Summer Biathlon Championships on Sunday.
– She would like to enter the big arena and compete with her sister, with Krystyushka. So Dasha does not leave her sports post. I would like us to be allowed to enter the international arena, so that Dashulka and Kristyushka compete and win,” Reztsova told .
– Will she play for the Finnish national team?
– She’s a Finnish citizen and that’s fine. She has the right to play for Finland and Russia.
But you have to make up your mind, don’t you?
– You see, while Russians are not allowed to participate in international competitions, she tries to train there. She is intelligent.
Where will it happen next?
– I do not think so. It will occur during the opening of our Russia. And Russia will be allowed. I liked the way Klebo expressed himself, so I hope that our skiers and biathletes will be admitted to the international scene.
The IBU has suspended Russian and Belarusian athletes from participating in international competitions due to the situation in Ukraine.
Source : MatchTV
I am Sandra Jackson, a journalist and content creator with extensive experience in the news industry. I have been working in the news media for over five years. During this time, I have worked as an author and editor at various outlets producing high-quality content that attracts readers from different demographics.