Olympic champion Nikita Kriukov told that he no longer works with the Chinese cross-country ski team, which he has coached since 2020.
The Russian’s contract ended after the Beijing Games. Then Kryukov signed a new deal.
– The cooperation with the Chinese team is over. After the Olympics, a contract was signed between us, and quite long – four years. But something has changed. It didn’t just affect me, but also all the coaches who worked with the ski team. It did not depend on nationality,” Kryukov told .
– Why did this happen?
– The East is a delicate matter, I cannot comment on it in any way, they have their own positions.
– What are your plans now?
– I will be in Russia, I will look for work.
– In the spring, they talked about a possible invitation to the group of Yuri Kaminsky, who works in the men’s biathlon team. Are there such conversations now?
– Now that the season has already started, no one will change horses on the way. Most teams are probably already staffed. And after? We’ll see. I will develop my academy. I have experience, especially in China I have acquired a lot of experience.
Source : MatchTV
I am Sandra Jackson, a journalist and content creator with extensive experience in the news industry. I have been working in the news media for over five years. During this time, I have worked as an author and editor at various outlets producing high-quality content that attracts readers from different demographics.