Linear “Rostov-Don” Ksenia Makeeva talked about returning to training after the birth of a child.
The 31-year-old athlete gave birth to a daughter on May 23.
– It’s been two and a half months since you became a mother. How do you feel?
– Good! Two weeks after giving birth, when the doctors cleared me to train, I started training – I started running. Of course, it was hard: after all, a long break, extra weight. But it was up: behind eight weeks of individual training. Yes, I did not go to training camp with the Zvenigorod team, but I trained in Rostov – I ran, I went to the gym. So now I feel good.
– Feelings when you came back to the room after a long break, what are they?
– When I first went for a run in Ostrovsky Park, near which I live, I caught myself thinking that I had just walked here pregnant, and now I am already running. But I love my job and my job, so I returned to handball with pleasure. Yes, it was hard, especially at times, but it was worth it.
— How does it feel to combine handball with motherhood, since it’s a new role for you?
– The most important thing is not to think about your daughter during training, so that she doesn’t get nervous or cry either. I try to fit into his schedule. At first I trained at 8 in the morning and everything was clear to us: at that time I went for a run and my parents walked with their daughter. Now team training starts at 10 a.m., so the schedule has changed a bit: we get up at 7 a.m., we take turns having fun with my daughter with my husband, then she falls asleep , we have a quick breakfast, and I run to training. At the moment, my husband is walking with a child. But the children are quickly rebuilding, so I think there will be no problems in the future, – quotes Makeeva official club website .
Makeeva has been playing for Rostov-Don since 2015. She is the world champion (2009) and silver medalist of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Source : MatchTV